Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by tmb <to...@yahoo.com> on 2002/12/14 00:18:21 UTC

[users@httpd] Need HELP getting started with EashPHP

Just loaded EassPHP on a Windows 98se PC.

It tells me Apache & MySQL are running...

I need to launch MySQL to create a db...

(Doing this to take over the hollidays on my laptop
and learn Apache, MySQL & PHP... and to create a
prototype db...)

Know how to launch MySQL from linux command line...

Don't know how to launch MySQL from the Windows box...

Need it to run on local machine & not over network or
net.

If some one would offer to hold my hand for a few
start up questions I should be able to mostly take it
from there.

Thanks for any help.

tmb

Re: [users@httpd] Need HELP getting started with EashPHP

Posted by "J. Greenlees" <ja...@shaw.ca>.

tmb wrote:
> Just loaded EassPHP on a Windows 98se PC.
>
> It tells me Apache & MySQL are running...
>
> I need to launch MySQL to create a db...
>
> (Doing this to take over the hollidays on my laptop
> and learn Apache, MySQL & PHP... and to create a
> prototype db...)
>
> Know how to launch MySQL from linux command line...
>
> Don't know how to launch MySQL from the Windows box...
>
> Need it to run on local machine & not over network or
> net.
>
> If some one would offer to hold my hand for a few
> start up questions I should be able to mostly take it
> from there.

two ways to do it.
1) install phpmyadmin and use that. ( works great for db administration )
2) cd to the mysql dir ( normally on win boxes c:\mysql\bin\ )
mysqld
mysql
and you have the command prompt interface for it.