Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Antonio Fiol Bonnín <an...@gmail.com> on 2006/02/08 08:23:35 UTC

Resurrecting COCOON-1066

Hello,

COCOON-1066 [1] was closed as duplicate because half of the
description was somehow a duplicate of COCOON-1707 [2]. However, this
only applied to a part of the issue, and COCOON-1707 is still open.

The other part of the issue was ignored because noone else commented
on it. This part is the one I would like to resurrect.

>> dn-element:
Provide element containing the DN for each entry returned in 'execute-query'.
This is accomplished via 'dn-element' element that defaults to 'dn'. This
element is only valid in 'execute-query'.

In our application, we also need to know the DN for each entry
returned in 'execute-query'. I had neglected to search Jira for it,
and implemented a patch that creates a "dn" attribute on every entry
received. It is very similar to the relevant part of the patch sent by
the poster, only our patch

- does not allow you to deactivate the feature (dn attribute is always
on the output)
- does not allow you to configure the attribute name ("dn" is always used)
- it is an attribute and not an element

I would be more than happy to:

- create a new patch with the relevant parts of the original one
- see one patch or the other integrated into Cocoon 2.1.9 if possible

Thank you very much.

[1] http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COCOON-1066?page=all
[2] http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COCOON-1707?page=all

--
Antonio Fiol

Re: Resurrecting COCOON-1066

Posted by Antonio Fiol Bonnín <an...@gmail.com>.
2006/2/9, Antonio Fiol Bonnín <an...@gmail.com>:
> 2006/2/8, Jean-Baptiste Quenot <jb...@apache.org>:
> > As far as  my LDAP knowledge goes, the DN  is an entry identifier.
> > Usually identifiers appear as attributes, so this is a good idea.
>
> OK. I'll start working on this.

Done. Patch is uploaded on the bug page on Jira:
http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/attachment/12322783/LDAPTransformer.java.patch

--
Antonio

Re: Resurrecting COCOON-1066

Posted by Antonio Fiol Bonnín <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Quenot <jb...@apache.org>.
http://caraldi.com/jbq/

Re: Resurrecting COCOON-1066

Posted by Antonio Fiol Bonnín <an...@gmail.com>.
Is it better to output the DN as a XML element or as a XML attribute? WDYT?

I personally prefer it as an XML attribute, as it is something a bit
different from LDAP attributes (and that's probably why you can't
simply specify an <ldap:attribute>dn</ldap:attribute>).

The original poster patch added the DN as an XML element.

--
Antonio

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Quenot <jb...@apache.org>.
* Antonio Fiol Bonnín: