Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by Tom Copeland <to...@infoether.com> on 2002/10/24 17:11:05 UTC

A Jakarta unused code scoreboard [was RE: [Fwd: Re: [eclipse-dev] Java compiler defaults changed]]...

...is up now.  At least, some of it is.  POI, Ant, and Log4j are there
now (at the bottom of the page):

http://pmd.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/webpmd.pl

This report gets run hourly, so it can serve as a monitor thingy on each
project CVS HEAD.

Let the checkins begin!  :-)

Yours,

Tom

Re: A Jakarta unused code scoreboard [was RE: [Fwd: Re: [eclipse-dev] Java compiler defaults changed]]...

Posted by "Andrew C. Oliver" <an...@superlinksoftware.com>.
Oh oh second read of this you said "PMD website" where PMD was the name
of this tool--  so for that... COOL!!! (I could care less whether its
maven based...seems overkill but okay)

(I misunderstood PMD=project model definition)

Sorry for the confusion.

Posted by "Andrew C. Oliver" <an...@superlinksoftware.com>.

Posted by "Vladimir R. Bossicard" <vl...@bossicard.com>.

www.bossicard.com

RE: A Jakarta unused code scoreboard [was RE: [Fwd: Re: [eclipse-dev] Java compiler defaults changed]]...

Posted by Tom Copeland <to...@infoether.com>.
Exactly!  Stuff like "This class is unused" - no, it's just specified in
a properties file somewhere and the static analysis is not picking that
up!  A couple of false positives like that and people start ignoring the
reports.  At least I do.

I thought about listing the unused/duplicate import statements as well,
but that would make the reports much bigger... and those problems aren't
as big a deal as the unused "private List foo = new ArrayList(1000);"
kind of thing...

Yours,

Tom

Posted by "Andrew C. Oliver" <an...@superlinksoftware.com>.