Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com> on 2019/05/06 17:10:43 UTC

LDAP API jenkins failures

Hi !

I'm trying to have Jenkins be happy, but it seems there is a test
failure (a random one):

https://builds.apache.org/job/dir-ldap-api-pipeline/

I can't reproduce that on my laptop (macosx). Is anyone able to get this
error ?

Re: LDAP API jenkins failures

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>.
Never mind, I think I fixed it.

The RuntimeMultiExceptionTest test was redirecting the System.out
stream, and there were 2 tests using that. When run in //, it's probable
that the redirection in the tearDown() method is done two quickly, while
the second test is using it, leading to the test failure.

I just disabled the parallel mode in the surefire plugin for the while
ldap-utils module, and it did the trick.

There might be a better way to manage that, like defining the test class
as not thread safe, but I'm not sure how to do it properly. If anyone
has an idea...