Posted to users@openjpa.apache.org by Dominik Stadler <do...@gmx.at> on 2012/02/25 09:04:12 UTC

New asm-dependency in OpenJPA 2.2.0?

Hi,

is there a new dependency on asm introduced with  OpenJPA 2.2.0?

My compile fails with "java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
org.objectweb.asm.ClassVisitor" after upgrading.

Also
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/openjpa-commits/201112.mbox/%3C20111202064303.95653238899C@eris.apache.org%3Eseems
to list a commit which did add such a dependency.

It would be nice to mention this in the release notes in order to prevent
hickups for people upgrading.

Also shouldn't the asm-.jar files be included in the downloadable binaries?

Thanks... Dominik.

Re: New asm-dependency in OpenJPA 2.2.0?

Posted by Kevin Sutter <kw...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the clarification, Dominik.  Your scenario is exactly what I was
thinking you found.  Just needed to be sure.

Good catch on the home page as well...  I just changed this to 2.2.0 as the
latest release.  Although with your finding of the missing ASM lib, a 2.2.1
release might be coming very quickly...  :-)

Thanks again,
Kevin

Posted by Dominik Stadler <do...@gmx.at>.
Hi,