Posted to user@storm.apache.org by Huiliang Zhang <zh...@gmail.com> on 2014/03/31 20:42:31 UTC

Run under supervision

Hi,

What does "under supervision" mean when starting NIMBUS like in the
following?

Run the command "bin/storm nimbus" *under supervision* on the master
machine.

What should I do to make it under supervision?

Thanks

Re: Run under supervision

Posted by "Michael G. Noll" <mi...@michael-noll.com>.
For a supervisord config example take a look at:
http://www.michael-noll.com/tutorials/running-multi-node-storm-cluster/#configure-supervisord-for-storm

Note, however, that the link above uses the outdated supervisord 2.x.  I
recommend to go use the newer supervisord 3.x.  I recently published
Puppet modules that automate running Storm with supervisord 3.x:
https://github.com/miguno/puppet-storm
https://github.com/miguno/puppet-supervisor

See
https://github.com/miguno/puppet-storm/blob/master/manifests/nimbus.pp
for the supervisord related setup.

(And in case you need to build an RPM for supervisord 3.x take look at
https://github.com/miguno/wirbelsturm-rpm-supervisord)

Hope that helps,
Michael

Re: Run under supervision