Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by Daniel John Debrunner <dj...@apache.org> on 2006/02/09 05:11:00 UTC

Re: SecurityManager question

Rick Hillegas wrote:

> Hi Myrna,
>
> Thanks, the problem does occur if I remove the Derby test harness from
> the picture. I have attached to JIRA 930 a patch which demonstrates the
> problem: The Derby drivers fail to autoload when you run under a
> SecurityManager. However, they do autoload if you don't install a
> SecurityManager.

I will try to take a look at this, but am busy for the next couple of
days. Have you tried a auto-loading a fake driver? have a simple class
that implements java.sql.Driver, put println's in its constructor and
see if it gets loaded correctly. If it does add some code to get a
system property in a priv block and see if that loads with the correct
policy file etc. This would at least confirm the auto-loading is working
by itself. Could be a JDK 1.6 bug.

Dan.

Re: SecurityManager question

Posted by Rick Hillegas <Ri...@Sun.COM>.
Thanks, Dan, this was a very fruitful suggestion. It appears that the
problem is not in Derby's drivers--I can reproduce the problem with a
dummy driver that just prints out some diagnostics. Am going to knock on
the jdk's doors now.

Regards,
-Rick