Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com> on 2019/04/04 11:46:59 UTC

Checkstyle plugin - bump to java 8 ?

Hi,
The Maven CheckStyle plugin currently supports Java 7 but latest
Checkstyle versions require Java 8.
For this reason we are stuck to an older version of Checkstyle and
users want to use the new version.
The dependency can be overridden but this is not very user friendly.

Given that check style is not one of the default plugins, can I bump
the required java version to Java 8 ?
Users who want to stick to Java 7 an stay on the old version of the plugin.

Thoughts ?

Regards
Enrico

Re: Checkstyle plugin - bump to java 8 ?

Posted by Anders Hammar <an...@hammar.net>.
Sounds reasonable to me.

/Anders

Posted by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com>.