Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Toomas Soome <ts...@ut.ee> on 2000/03/16 21:25:31 UTC

config/5894: wrong language code for estonian

>Number:         5894
>Category:       config
>Synopsis:       wrong language code for estonian
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
>Responsible:    apache
>State:          open
>Class:          mistaken
>Submitter-Id:   apache
>Arrival-Date:   Thu Mar 16 12:30:01 PST 2000
>Closed-Date:
>Last-Modified:
>Originator:     tsoome@ut.ee
>Release:        1.3.12

ISO code for estonian language is et, not ee, but in http.conf is:
# Danish (da) - Dutch (nl) - English (en) - Estonian (ee)
#
AddLanguage et .ee

as this will affect browsers as well (all users have to reconfigure
from et to ee), I think, current behaviour is wrong and should be changed.
>How-To-Repeat:
sure:)
>Fix:
change line
AddLanguage et .ee

and fix LanguagePriority as well
 [to include <ap...@Apache.Org> in the Cc line and make sure the]

Re: config/5894: wrong language code for estonian

Posted by Dirk-Willem van Gulik <di...@webweaving.org>.
Actually, the language in the header has the correct
iso code 'et'. It is just that the file name looks
funny with it's 'ee' on the end. But that is just
harmless and means nothing.

> AddLanguage et .ee
		   ^^

 > as this will affect browsers as well (all users have to reconfigure
> from et to ee), I think, current behaviour is wrong and should be changed.

No 'et' is the thing used for negotiation. It happens to map to
a *.ee files. But that is just file system semantics and not something
having to do with the protocol (i.e. there is a level of indirection).

But it certainly is confusing.

Dw