Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by dooley2 <bo...@lycos.com> on 2008/04/05 23:22:03 UTC

eudora and "password"

heoo all,

installed current win version on an xp box, using last paid version of
eudora, inserted "127.0.0.1" in place of POP3 mail server as advised in
manual, but eudora wants a password every time one changes a server
name.....and I cannot find one that works.

meaning, I am the admin on this machine, tried my log on (in windows
password) and it doesn't work....tried the pop 3 password (which works with
normal setttings) for the server and it doesn't work either. in both cases,
eudora never completes the log in via the spam assassin proxy, to get my
mail.

what, please, should I do?

thanks

dooley

Re: eudora and "password"

Posted by dooley2 <bo...@lycos.com>.
thank you.

i have tried every config I can think of, including what you suggest.

still hanging up at entry into that particular inbox.

I also started using eudora again after many years because it was either
that or psychotropic drugs as a microsoft user<g><sigh>, especially with
outlook.....and I have just not had the time to migrate an intense business
environment to linux.

anyway...thanks for the note.

Re: eudora and "password"

Posted by Blaine Fleming <gr...@digital-z.com>.

Re: eudora and "password"

Posted by dooley2 <bo...@lycos.com>.
ok. thanks for all.

I felet it was worth a shot, even knowing that most would not be using a
windows proxy.

if anything occurs to you...or, certainly, anyone else indulging this
thread...I would appreciate any comments.

thanks.

Re: eudora and "password"

Posted by Matt Kettler <mk...@verizon.net>.

Re: eudora and "password"