Posted to dev@wicket.apache.org by Pedro Santos <pe...@apache.org> on 2016/12/31 07:21:20 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] CVE-2016-6793 Apache Wicket deserialization vulnerability

CVE-2016-6793: Apache Wicket deserialization vulnerability

Severity: Low

Vendor: The Apache Software Foundation

Versions Affected: Apache Wicket 6.x and 1.5.x

it's possible that a Wicket's object deserialized from an untrusted source
and utilized by the application to causes the code to enter in an
infinite loop. Specifically, Wicket's DiskFileItem class, serialized by
Kryo, allows an attacker to hack its serialized form to put a client on an
infinite loop if the client attempts to write on the
DeferredFileOutputStream attribute.

Mitigation: Upgrade to Apache Wicket 6.25.0 or 1.5.17

Credit: This issue was discovered by Jacob Baines, Tenable Network Security and
Pedro Santos

Re: [ANNOUNCE] CVE-2016-6793 Apache Wicket deserialization vulnerability

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
The site has been updated to use 1.5.17.
Thanks for letting us know!

Martin Grigorov
Wicket Training and Consulting
https://twitter.com/mtgrigorov