Posted to dev@singa.apache.org by Moaz Reyad <mo...@apache.org> on 2019/03/08 23:41:36 UTC

[DISCUSS] Graduate SINGA as a TLP

Hi All,

Given the progress of SINGA graduation from the incubator (
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SINGA-405) and the complete maturity
assessment (
https://github.com/apache/incubator-singa/blob/91a4f7a7b8b913644299c7af48b042a867554290/doc/en/develop/maturity-model-assessment.md),
I would like to discuss the remaining tasks for graduation.

Please share your thoughts. Mentors advises are welcome.

Best regards,
Moaz

Re: [DISCUSS] Graduate SINGA as a TLP

Posted by Moaz Reyad <mo...@apache.org>.
Dear All,

Do you think we are ready to vote on graduation now? I can send the VOTE email if no one disagree.

For Alan's question, I checked SINGA proposal (https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/incubator/SingaProposal) and it seems that there was an initial source code at the old repository (https://github.com/nusinga/singa). I assume that that source code was owned by the initial committers and they donated it to the Apache incubator under the Apache license. So there is no need for SGA.

Please correct me if this is not true. Otherwise, we assume this is the answer for Alan's question and we proceed with the graduation vote.

Thank you,
Moaz

Posted by Moaz Reyad <mo...@apache.org>.

Posted by Alan Gates <ga...@apache.org>.