Posted to dev@thrift.apache.org by Diwaker Gupta <di...@maginatics.com> on 2011/02/21 20:41:34 UTC

Any update on an official Thrift git repository?

Several weeks ago David proposed a plan [1] to migrate the Thrift SVN
repo to an Apache-hosted git repository in favor of the (outdated)
repos at Github [2] and thrift-rpc.org [3]. There hasn't been an
update on the list since -- does anyone know the current status of
that plan?

Presumably the Thrift JIRA and any other infra that depends on the SVN
would also have to be updated if/when the Git repository becomes
official.

[1] http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lib.thrift.devel/2457/
[2] https://github.com/dreiss/thrift
[3] http://gitweb.thrift-rpc.org/?p=thrift.git;a=summary

Diwaker

ps: is HTML email ok on this list?

Re: Any update on an official Thrift git repository?

Posted by Diwaker Gupta <di...@maginatics.com>.
On Tue, Feb 22, 2011 at 10:24 AM, Bryan Duxbury <br...@rapleaf.com> wrote:
> We are not considering moving over the "official" thrift repo to git-only.
> We were only talking about where the "official" git mirror of thrift would
> be hosted.

Sure, thats just as good. Is there an ETA on the mirror setup or is it
a low priority item for the devs at this point?

Posted by Bryan Duxbury <br...@rapleaf.com>.