Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Spadez <ja...@hotmail.com> on 2012/03/02 16:50:25 UTC

Two Questions - Tomcat/Jetty & Java/PHP

Hi,

I have two newbie questions. With all my searching I havent been able to
find which would be a better choice to run my SOLR / Nutch install, Tomcat
or Jetty. There seems to be a lot of people on the internet saying Jetty has
better performance but I havent been able to see any proof of that.

Secondly, for my actual website script, is it better to write it in PHP or
Java. In my eyes, Java might be a good choice because then I can run it on
Tomcat without needing apache, but PHP might be a good option because it
seems faster, and if my Java serverlet goes down the site will still work.

Can anyone give me some input please?

James