Posted to users@trafficserver.apache.org by "Adam W. Dace" <co...@gmail.com> on 2013/09/16 21:44:26 UTC

Parent / Child Proxy Config Question

I was so impressed with ATS, that after surfing Rackspace a little the
other day I took the plunge and signed up.  Why not have even faster
surfing?  :)

At this point, I have a nice 16GB cache at Rackspace(parent) and a 4GB
cache on my home machine(child).  Both are up and running and work fine
independently.

NOTE: I had to disable IPv4 socket listening on the parent to force my
browser to use IPv6.

On the child, I've enabled "proxy.config.http.parent_proxy_routing_enable"
and am currently stuck in editing the parent.config file.  I love the
flexibility of this file, by the way.  Once I get things up and running, I
hope to keep things like YouTube local and thus keep my Rackspace bandwidth
bill down.

However, no matter what I think up I either get a "can't connect" error or
no caching whatsoever on the parent cache.  I'm watching common.log to
determine that.

Currently, my parent.config file contains this, which produces an error:
dest_domain=. parent="lengthwise.adamdace.info:8080" go_direct=false

What's the simplest way to specify a parent cache?

Thanks In Advance,
Adam

Adam W. Dace <co...@gmail.com>

Phone: (815) 355-5848
Microsoft Messenger - colonelforbin74@live.com <ad...@turing.com>

Google Profile: https://plus.google.com/u/0/109309036874332290399/about

Re: Parent / Child Proxy Config Question

Posted by "Adam W. Dace" <co...@gmail.com>.
I'm not sure why it fixed the problem, but I went ahead and got rid of the
IPv4 DNS records for "lengthwise.adamdace.info" and now everything is
running smoothly.  Go figure.

Posted by "Adam W. Dace" <co...@gmail.com>.