Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by Manjula G Kutty <ma...@gmail.com> on 2006/03/11 04:41:54 UTC

Error message on the derby.log while booting the database using jdk1.5

Hi,
I'm getting the following error message on my derby.log while booting a
database using jdk15

*"Class org.apache.derby.jdbc.Driver40
java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: Bad version number in .class
file, module ignored."
*

I would like to know is this the same issue  as people discussed on the
thread, with subject : Re: conflict between Derby API and JDBC 4.0?

Here is thre thread, but I don't know whether it has all the mails, this
is my best try

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/db-derby-dev/200601.mbox/%3c43D6A0D4.50404@sun.com%3e.
If so I would like to what is the solution to fix the problem.

Thanks
Manjula

Re: Error message on the derby.log while booting the database using jdk1.5

Posted by Daniel John Debrunner <dj...@apache.org>.
Manjula G Kutty wrote:

> Hi,
> I'm getting the following error message on my derby.log while booting a
> database using jdk15
>
> *"Class org.apache.derby.jdbc.Driver40
> java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: Bad version number in .class
> file, module ignored."
> *
>
> I would like to know is this the same issue  as people discussed on the
> thread, with subject : Re: conflict between Derby API and JDBC 4.0?
>
> Here is thre thread, but I don't know whether it has all the mails, this
> is my best try
>
> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/db-derby-dev/200601.mbox/%3c43D6A0D4.50404@sun.com%3e.
> If so I would like to what is the solution to fix the problem.
modules.properties has this line to set the required version for that
class to be JSE 6

#jdbc4_optional_derby.env.jdk.jdbcJ6=6

but actually JSE 6 uses the constant 7 in Derby, not 6.

6 is for jdk15.

Trouble is we have 4 for jdk14 and 5 for jdk142.

I'll change the modules.properties.

Dan.