Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by wesleywj2 <we...@yahoo.co.uk> on 2009/06/04 23:01:20 UTC

How to stream zip file

hi,

I couldn't figured it out for streaming zip files with "StreamResponse"
interface. With my current implementation based on the Tapestry 5 site wiki
tutorial example, i stream txt file.

what i want to achieve now is to create few files in memory (eg. file1.txt &
file2.txt), zip it and return it to user's browser. i've googled around and
found out an API for ZipOutputStream. But i had no idea how to implement it
using Tapestry 5's StreamResponse interface.

please advice.

wesley

Re: How to stream zip file

Posted by "Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo" <th...@gmail.com>.
Em Thu, 04 Jun 2009 18:01:20 -0300, wesleywj2 <we...@yahoo.co.uk>
escreveu:

> hi,

Hi!

> what i want to achieve now is to create few files in memory (eg.
> file1.txt & file2.txt), zip itand return it to user's browser. i've
> googled around and found out an API for ZipOutputStream. But i had no
> idea how to implement it using Tapestry 5's StreamResponse interface.

Instead of trying to do everything at once, think of two different
problems: create a ZIP file in memory and then return it as a
StreamResponse. ;)

--
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
http://www.arsmachina.com.br/thiago