Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Chetan Pandey <cp...@bluesingapore.com> on 2006/11/09 04:58:42 UTC

RE: Session Creation in Tomcat...Session timeout

This must then be related to the session-timeout problem I am facing.

This is what is happening:

When my Session - currently set to 1 minute in web.xml - times-out clicking
on any LINK automatically redirects me to the Login Page.

On re-logging in, through the logs I am observing that it is not going to
the LoggingAction Class but directly to the Link that was clicked.

But the problem is in my LoggingAction I set a number of Session Variables
such as "principalInSession" which are referenced by the pages

This session attribute "principalInSession" remains "null" and hence I get a
NullPointerException.

The surprising thing is that on Time-out if I refresh the page and then
redirected to the Login-page, the above problem doesn't occur i.e it goes to
the LoggingAction class and everything is normal.

Thanks for all your help.

Chetan

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.