Posted to dev@cxf.apache.org by "John D. Ament" <jo...@apache.org> on 2018/01/07 17:10:47 UTC

Change in Checkstyles?

I just pulled in master a bit ago and received a bunch of compilation
failures due to changes in checkstyle.  Was there a vote or something to
change our checkstyle rules?

John

Re: Change in Checkstyles?

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.

> On Jan 7, 2018, at 12:10 PM, John D. Ament <jo...@apache.org> wrote:
>
> I just pulled in master a bit ago and received a bunch of compilation
> failures due to changes in checkstyle.  Was there a vote or something to
> change our checkstyle rules?

Not so much a change in rules as updating them to work with the latest check style.   If you install Eclipse today, you get the latest check style plugin.  Thus, you end up with a TON of errors.  The updates are to get master to compile/test with the latest version of check style which then matches what’s available in Eclipse.  That said, the new version of check style is strict about white space around import groups.  You can either have whitespace or not have whitespace.  There isn’t a “don’t care” option.  Thus, some code needed updating.   I tried a bunch of options to get it as close as possible to what we had been using, but still needed to fix a ton of things.

--
Daniel Kulp