Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Ken nashua <nh...@hotmail.com> on 2006/10/18 20:10:25 UTC

CheckBox Implementation ... Tap-4.1.1 help please (thanks)

Guys,

Ok, I am going to try the @Checkbox component.... inside some html

Typical usage follows...

            	<input jwcid="rememberMe@Checkbox" value="ognl:rememberMe"/>

Now I do not want to operate any *.Page files (although an alternative
sample would be nice to refer to)

I want to do everything in JAVA... period

1. Can someone provide an example of how to GET this boolean property into
the JAVA onFormSubmit() method?

Why isn't there just an   @Property(id="rememberMe" type="boolean")
annotation

    Ideally it wuold be nice if this existed

        @Property(id="rememberMe" type="boolean")
        public abstract boolean isRememberMe();    // to be used inside
onFormSubmit()

    I dillied with @Component but the docs are partial and non-intuitive.

	@Component(type = "Checkbox", id = "rememberMe", bindings = {
	            "value = ognl:rememberMe",
                            "displayName = message:label.rememberMe" })
	public abstract Checkbox getRememberMe();
	public abstract boolean isRememberMe();

               // so far none of the above works

I am just looking for that boolean in my java ........ thats all.

2. Should I be modeling isRememberMe() or getRememberMe() ?

3. What are the specs on modeling the methods ... are they abstract or not?

Some clarification on this would be terrific.

Thanks in advance.

RE: CheckBox Implementation ... Tap-4.1.1 help please (thanks)

Posted by Peter Beshai <pb...@hotmail.com>.
Try this:

in .java file:
// the actual checkbox component
@Component(bindings =
{"value=rememberMe","displayName=message:label.rememberMe"})
public abstract Checkbox getRememberMeCheckbox();

// holds the value of the checkbox
public abstract boolean getRememberMe()

in .html file:

note: you could use
jwcid="rememberMeCheckbox"/>

but I have experienced some problems when using checkboxes with field labels
(https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAPESTRY-1096), so you may want to
avoid it.

Hope this helps,

Peter Beshai