Posted to dev@community.apache.org by David Smiley <da...@gmail.com> on 2020/04/20 17:02:12 UTC

Emeritus process & tools

Hello,

I'm a Lucene PMC member.  We haven't really tended to transferring members
to Emeritus status for many years.  I am curious if the ASF can recommend
the criteria / process for who this is done?  Furthermore, has anyone
developed tools to aid in this process that we might use?  I'm thinking of
a tool that searches JIRA to look for the most recent activity by an
individual, for example.

~ David Smiley
Apache Lucene/Solr Search Developer
http://www.linkedin.com/in/davidwsmiley

Re: Emeritus process & tools

Posted by Shane Curcuru <as...@shanecurcuru.org>.
David Smiley wrote on 2020-4-20 1:02PM EDT:
> Hello,
>
> I'm a Lucene PMC member.  We haven't really tended to transferring members
> to Emeritus status for many years.  I am curious if the ASF can recommend
> the criteria / process for who this is done?  Furthermore, has anyone
> developed tools to aid in this process that we might use?  I'm thinking of
> a tool that searches JIRA to look for the most recent activity by an
> individual, for example.

Great question about tooling - Snoot statistics might help (not sure):

  https://projects.apache.org/statistics.html

Also: please note there is no official "emeritus" status for PMCs.
People either need to be on the PMC, or off the PMC, at least from an
organizational point of view (i.e. what's in LDAP/committee-info.txt)

  https://www.apache.org/dev/pmc.html#membersleave

--

- Shane
  ComDev PMC