Posted to dev@brooklyn.apache.org by Aled Sage <al...@gmail.com> on 2017/04/10 13:32:46 UTC

Call for release: Brooklyn 0.11.0

Hi all,

It's time we did another Brooklyn release: 0.11.0. I propose we kick off
RC1 tomorrow. Any volunteers for being release manager?

I also suggest we be conservative about the PRs we merge before then -
let's not view that as a deadline for merging large / high-risk PRs, but
instead merge those after we branch for RC1 (and that we release
Brooklyn more often!).

Aled

p.s. In the email thread "Call for release: Brooklyn 0.10.0", it was
proposed we do a 0.11.0 soon after 0.10.0 that includes jclouds 2. That
alone IMO is sufficient reason to kick off the release process now,
rather than waiting for any other features.

Re: Call for release: Brooklyn 0.11.0

Posted by Richard Downer <ri...@apache.org>.
Hi Aled,

I'm happy to volunteer to by RM on this one.

I'm keen to firm up our release process to make it as optimal as possible
whilst still being The Apache Way, so I'll use this as an opportunity to
draft up a wider-ranging release policy. After this release we can then
discuss how the release went and hopefully agree on a good release policy
and process for future releases. And then release often :-)

Richard.