Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Randy Layman <ra...@aswethink.com> on 2001/07/06 20:44:28 UTC

RE: Making Tomcat 3.2 A Service On Win 2000 ( using jdk 1.3.0_02 )

Works for me without any command line fixes.  I thought that the -X option
was added for some of the betas of 1.3.1.  Is it possible that you have an
"older" version of 1.3.1?

> As for making Tomcat a service, I found the jk_nt_service.exe (zipped
> up) in the jakarta downloads. I thought that was the standard way of
> making it into a service. Is this what is causing the
> shutdown problem?
> ShouldI be using a different method?

You are correct.  The JavaService program does basically the same thing as
jk_nt_service, but it traps the OS signals and doesn't relay them on to the
JVM.

	Randy