Posted to j-users@xalan.apache.org by Tom Epperly <te...@llnl.gov> on 2009/06/01 23:16:33 UTC

How to set default org.xml.sax.EntityResolver for XSLT?

I work on a program called Babel, http://www.llnl.gov/CASC/components/,
and we use Xalan-J to do something like JavaDoc for our Scientific
Interface Definition Language.  It's very handy to put the DTDs in
Babel's jar file and use a custom gov.xml.sax.EntityResolver to find the
required DTDs in the jar file. For Xerces, it's relatively simple to
direct it to use Babel's EntityResolver.

However in my application, Xalan seems to create multiple XML parsers as
XML files refer to other XML files.  When it reads some of the XML
files, it can't find my DTDs. Is there a way to set the default
EntityResolver for Xalan, so it will use my EntityResolver for all the
recursive XML parsers?

Please Cc me on replies because I am not a subscriber to the list.

Regards,

Tom Epperly
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory