Posted to user@empire-db.apache.org by "Nguyen, Chieu X" <ch...@verizon.com> on 2015/06/12 17:31:30 UTC

Peformance Issue

Hi Rainer,

I have a SQL that returns 23K records, then, I called the code below to return the data in a List.  It consistently took around 1 - 2 minutes to finish the getBeanList call.

Is there a way in Empire-DB for me to speed up the performance?

       List<String> dataList = new LinkedList<String>();

       DBReader reader = new DBReader();
       try
       {
           org.apache.commons.lang.time.StopWatch sw = new org.apache.commons.lang.time.StopWatch();
           sw.start();

           reader.open(dbCmd, dbConn);
           dataList = reader.getBeanList(String.class);

           sw.stop();
           log.info("getDataFromTable: Getting data from table took " + sw.toString() );
       }
       catch (Exception e)
       {
           log.error("getDataFromTable: Error in running SQL " + dbCmd.getSelect(), e);
       }
       finally
       {
           reader.close();
       }

Thank you,

Chieu Nguyen

Re: Peformance Issue

Hi!

Can you measure the amount of time requirred to just open / connect?

Have you monitored the VM (memory / GC) usage and what about the cpu load? What's the size of one record returned in average? Can you execute this statement using plain JDBC just to get a feeling about what overhead of empire we are talking about? Personally I think 32k records is not that much..

CU

Jens

Von meinem iPhone gesendet