Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Marc Slemko <ma...@worldgate.com> on 1998/01/24 05:53:16 UTC

GO Netscape :-)) (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------

Neil Corlett wrote:

> Chris McAfee wrote:
>
> > Atif Ahmad Khan wrote:
> > >
> > > This is definitely the most exciting news I have heard in a long long
> > > time.  GO Netscape !  GO Linux/Apache/RedHat/... !
> > >

> Will the source releases of v5.0 be available after FCS (first customer ship) or
> during the beta phase?

The source release is slated as 3/31. This will be during the beta phase.

> And when do you release basic collateral information about
> it e.g. the implementation language(s).

C and C++. Some build utilities are written in perl, whether those are distributed,
rewritten or eliminated is up in the air.

> I guess there will be some issues, as
> there are chunks of licensed code in there (berkeley db, java...).

Absolutely. Some of these may require extra-Netscape solutions, but we're confident
that by working with the development community these can be resolved.

Will
--
Will Scullin
Netscape Communications Corporation