Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by da...@tecnet1.jcte.jcs.mil on 2001/04/12 17:08:00 UTC

Good book

Hi,

 Being a newbie to TOMCAT and Java.  Is there a good book or some other type of reading material for TOMCAT.  I work as a system administrator and will not be developing JAVA servlet applications.  But, I do need to understand the ins and outs of TOMCAT for installation, configurations and security.  I don't understand the information in the various files, like server.xml, web.xml, etc and their releationships.

Dave

Re: Good book

Posted by Bo Xu <bo...@cybershop.ca>.
davea@tecnet1.jcte.jcs.mil wrote:

> Hi,
>
>  Being a newbie to TOMCAT and Java.  Is there a good book or some other type of reading material for TOMCAT.  I work as a system administrator and will not be developing JAVA servlet applications.  But, I do need to understand the ins and outs of TOMCAT for installation, configurations and security.  I don't understand the information in the various files, like server.xml, web.xml, etc and their releationships.
>
> Dave

Hi :-)  there are several books about how to develop Servlet(for example,
Jason Hunter's book), but I didn't find a book about how to admin
TOMCAT, I suggest you read the following:

- TOMCAT web site
- the document in TOMCAT(for example, in jakarta-tomcat-3.2.1/doc)
- there are many good emails in this List

Bo
Apr.12, 2001

Re: Good book

Posted by Gaziz Nugmanov <li...@lists.wysdom.com>.
Hello davea,

Do you know how do I unsubscribe from the lists, pls?

Thursday, April 12, 2001, 11:08:00 AM, you wrote:

dtjjm> Hi,

dtjjm>  Being a newbie to TOMCAT and Java.  Is there a good book or some other type of reading material for TOMCAT.  I work as a system administrator and will not be developing JAVA servlet
dtjjm> applications.  But, I do need to understand the ins and outs of TOMCAT for installation, configurations and security.  I don't understand the information in the various files, like server.xml,
dtjjm> web.xml, etc and their releationships.

dtjjm> Dave

--
Best regards,
 Gaziz                            mailto:lists@lists.wysdom.com