Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by "GENG, DAPENG (DAPENG)" <da...@alcatel-lucent.com> on 2012/02/28 07:24:03 UTC

Question: merge info is no updated after merge

Hello,

I recently discovered that merge info does not get updated after merge.

I've tried several times from one branch to taget branch. And merge info remains unchanged.

In target branch, there are existing merge info for previous merges. No more new merges are recorded since few weeks ago.

Can you please let me know what shall I check or what could be the reason?

I am using subversion 1.6.16-1820.64 with Eclipse 3.6.2 with CollabNet Desktop Merge.

Kind Regards,
Dapeng Geng
Alcatel.Lucent Australia
Professional Services / BSS & OSS BU
+61 2 8306 5413
Dapeng.Geng@alcatel-lucent.com<ma...@alcatel-lucent.com>

RE: Question: merge info is no updated after merge

Posted by "GENG, DAPENG (DAPENG)" <da...@alcatel-lucent.com>.
Thanks a lot Stephen.

I had a look on "Merges Without Mergeinfo". None of scenarios is matching.

Acctually, I did not do merge via commands but from Eclipse with subclipse plugin.

What I did is same as "Overview of CollabNet Merge Client" in this URL:

http://desktop-eclipse.open.collab.net/servlets/ProjectProcess?pageID=MEuUjb&freeformpage=Merge%20Client

The strange thing is that the mergeinfo was udpated correctly up to a certain point.

Merge is all good and files are merged correctly and merge logs are good too.

The only thing seems wrong is mergeinfo not udpated and all revisions merged will show up again when do merge again.

Just want to know if anything I can check to dig out the reason.

BTW, maybe you can also review our branch structure:

We are creating branches from branches, so:

Trunk--------
		Branch 1-----------
								Branch 3----------

What I did is merge =========== from branch 2 to branch 3.