Posted to dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by Shanmugam Gopal <ha...@hotmail.com> on 2006/08/09 17:18:42 UTC

jackrabbit-server-1.0.1.war distribution

All,

What are all the functionalities supported by this
jackrabbit-server-1.0.1.war distribution.
By deploying this war file, can we perform checkin/checkout from webdav
client.
Otherwise is this only a reference implementation ?

Regards,
Shan

How good are you in a Formula One car? Play now
http://server1.msn.co.in/sp05/tataracing/onlinegame.asp

Re: jackrabbit-server-1.0.1.war distribution

Posted by Angela Schreiber <an...@day.com>.
Shanmugam Gopal wrote:
> I am not clear about that SimpleServer and jcrserver. Can you elaborate
> on this?

please have a look at the index.jsp
and at previous posts in the dev list.

> But I am not able to perform check in or check out operation from the
> webdav client(Dreamweaver).

i don't know, what kind of HTTP calls are issued by a
dreamweaver checkin/checkout.
if it is CHECKOUT and CHECKIN as defined by deltaV,
it won't work. as i said before: simpleserver does not have
deltaV functionality implemented yet.

angela

Re: jackrabbit-server-1.0.1.war distribution

Posted by Shanmugam Gopal <ha...@hotmail.com>.
Hi,
I am not clear about that SimpleServer and jcrserver. Can you elaborate on
this?
I have deployed that war in Tomcat server and by default it configures the
repository
under bin folder.
Now I am able to see repository content from webdav client by accessing the
url
http://localhost:8080/jack101/repository/default where "repository" means
the SimpleWebDavServlet and default is the worksapce.

But I am not able to perform check in or check out operation from the webdav
client(Dreamweaver).
Just I want to know whether this can be done using that war file or anything
else we need to do.

Regards,
Shan

>From: Angela Schreiber <an...@day.com>
>To: dev@jackrabbit.apache.org
>Subject: Re: jackrabbit-server-1.0.1.war distribution
>Date: Wed, 09 Aug 2006 17:35:02 +0200
>
>Shanmugam Gopal wrote:
>>All,
>>
>>What are all the functionalities supported by this
>>jackrabbit-server-1.0.1.war distribution.
>>By deploying this war file, can we perform checkin/checkout from webdav
>>client.
>
>it depends....
>
>simpleserver -> no  (see JCR-388)
>jcrserver    -> yes
>
>but normally people looking for webdav support on top of
>jackrabbit are looking for the functionality provided
>by the simpleserver. the aim of jcrserver is to map the
>functionality provided by JSR170 to WebDAV, in order to
>allow remoting of JSR170 via WebDAV.
>

>regards
>angela

Who will win Bollywood’s most coveted IIFA awards? You decide! Cast your
vote! http://server1.msn.co.in/sp06/IIFA2006/static/weekend.asp

Re: jackrabbit-server-1.0.1.war distribution

Posted by Angela Schreiber <an...@day.com>.