Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Viras <vi...@users.sourceforge.net> on 2012/03/02 11:04:44 UTC

cordova-qt WebView issue

Hi all,

I've recently discovered that by switching completely to QML the
possibility to debug your javascript was heavily decreased.

The QML WebView doesn't allow to set a custom WebPage which again means
it is not possible anymore to print out any JavaScript error messages
(since javaScriptConsoleMessage cannot be overloaded anymore).

In addition according to the documentation the QML WebView was
introduced in Qt 4.7 - this means it won't compile & run on Qt 4.6 (e.g.
symbian s60 platforms).

I'm wondering if there is any reason for "forcing" QML at any costs?

Best,
Wolfgang

--
GOFG - Get On Fat Guy
http://www.gofg.at/ - powered by Cordova

Re: cordova-qt WebView issue

Posted by Viras <vi...@users.sourceforge.net>.
Hmm I see - well I wanted to avoid splitting up code for different Qt
versions - but seems as if we have no choice anymore.

I will try to come up with a Wiget based solution which is compatible
to the QML versions, so that we just switch using pre-processor
statements!

weinre is okay but everyday quick-simulator-debugging the console is
much more suitable (IMO).

Best,
Wolfgang

Re: cordova-qt WebView issue