Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by AlwaysJMS <pa...@gmail.com> on 2009/03/14 08:49:22 UTC

JMS Over SSL

Hi
   I am writing infact modifying the jms application to support ssl
connectivity. My jms code is a generic one and works for all jms providers.
But most of the customers use activemq as their jms provider. Till now
whatever i have read about ssl over jms is that its all provider dependent.
Now some providers may provide SSLSocketFactory while some may not, i guess.
How can i inject this ssl injection into my application so that it works
fine for all providers . i cannot put hard code statements in my code. My
application is a standalone.I am totally confused.
Please help me on this..
thanks
pankaj

Re: JMS Over SSL

Posted by huntc <hu...@mac.com>.
Your SSL considerations in your application should be fairly generic - no
matter what you're using on the client, over the wire it is SSL/TLS.

However your wire protocol for JMS has to be a consideration for you.
ActiveMQ uses Openwire; other brokers use other protocols although I think
there are moves toward making Openwire a standard.