Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Ryan Cuprak <rc...@mac.com> on 2006/05/31 20:33:08 UTC

Directly requesting a page

Hello,
 How do I directly invoke a page using the page service? I have a test page at the root of the application which I want to invoke. From the Manning book I thought the url would look like:   http://127.0.0.1:8080/app?service=page/test

 This is just a page for tinkering... was trying to test a new component and thought I could throw it up on a test page (instead of logging into the app and drilling through the menus).

 Thanks,
 Ryan

Re: Directly requesting a page

Posted by Shing Hing Man <ma...@yahoo.com>.
If you are using Tap4, try

http://127.0.0.1:8080/app?page=test&service=page

Shing

--- Ryan Cuprak <rc...@mac.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>  How do I directly invoke a page using the page
> service? I have a test page at the root of the
> application which I want to invoke. From the Manning
> book I thought the url would look like:
> http://127.0.0.1:8080/app?service=page/test
>
>  This is just a page for tinkering... was trying to
> test a new component and thought I could throw it up
> on a test page (instead of logging into the app and
> drilling through the menus).
>
>  Thanks,
>  Ryan

> For additional commands, e-mail:
> users-help@tapestry.apache.org

Home page :
  http://uk.geocities.com/matmsh/index.html

Re: Directly requesting a page

Posted by Paul `Order in Chaos` Cantrell <pc...@pobox.com>.
You're off on the right foot, but you are missing the "enable
friendly URLs" half of James's advice. See:

http://jakarta.apache.org/tapestry/UsersGuide/friendly-urls.html

Posted by Ryan Holmes <ry...@hyperstep.com>.
That blog entry is about a year and a half old and doesn't apply to Tap
4. Try this:

Posted by Ryan Cuprak <rc...@mac.com>.

 Yup, I am using version 4. That returns the page unprocessed - jwcid and everything.
 From the blog (http://howardlewisship.com/blog/2004/12/tapestry-urls-half-way-there.html) I added the following to my web.xml:

Posted by James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>.