Posted to jmeter-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Luke Nezda <ln...@gmail.com> on 2010/02/13 16:49:14 UTC

site broken

Hello -

The server for the main page, http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/, seems to be
misconfigured somehow.  Going to that URL with Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U;
Intel Mac OS X 10.6; en-US; rv:1.9.2) Gecko/20100115 Firefox/3.6) I get the
following error:

Content Encoding Error

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because it uses an invalid
or unsupported form of compression.
    *   Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem.

I was able to view the site using Safari.

Only related thing I found when searching was
http://groups.google.com/group/fusionreactor/msg/c5ccde4bd34ad6f6 which
references GzipFilter servlet filter.

Cheers,
- Luke

Re: site broken

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 13/02/2010, Rainer Jung <ra...@kippdata.de> wrote:
> On 13.02.2010 16:55, sebb wrote:
>
> > On 13/02/2010, Luke Nezda<ln...@gmail.com>  wrote:
> >
> > > Hello -
> > >
> > >  The server for the main page,
> http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/, seems to be
> > >  misconfigured somehow.  Going to that URL with Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh;
> U;
> > >  Intel Mac OS X 10.6; en-US; rv:1.9.2) Gecko/20100115 Firefox/3.6) I get
> the
> > >  following error:
> > >
> > >  Content Encoding Error
> > >
> > >  The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because it uses an
> invalid
> > >  or unsupported form of compression.
> > >     *   Please contact the website owners to inform them of this
> problem.
> > >
> > >  I was able to view the site using Safari.
> > >

> > I think it's OK now - I have no problems using IE8, Opera10 or Firefox
> 3.5.x
> >

>  There are people with complains also showing up on other lists, like infra,
> svn and tomcat. It seems it does not happen on every request and it also
> might be a question of which of servers you actually hit (europe or us). See
>
>  http://marc.info/?t=126607255800002&r=1&w=2

I've just tried both the us and eu mirrors, and have seen no problems
with either:

http://jakarta.eu.apache.org/jmeter/index.html
http://jakarta.us.apache.org/jmeter/index.html

Maybe the problem has been fixed, or maybe I'm just lucky...

Re: site broken

Posted by Rainer Jung <ra...@kippdata.de>.

Re: site broken

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.