Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by "Edward J. Yoon" <ed...@udanax.org> on 2008/04/01 12:19:58 UTC

Re: [DISCUSSION] Hama Proposal

Dear Grant, Thanks for your +1.
I feel with you about your mention of the "lack of interest from
Hadoop", but I think that shouldn't be a problem; we can communicate
with hadoop people in real time if we need.

BTW, I wonder whether mentor is badly needed.
Someone please reply to me.

Thanks.

B. Regards,
Edward J. Yoon

Re: [DISCUSSION] Hama Proposal

Posted by "Edward J. Yoon" <ed...@udanax.org>.
Our mentor has come for the hama project. And, We're not
proportionately I think attracting as many volunteer/person of
interests as we should be, although the sheer numbers are clearly
heading in the right direction. Therefore, i hoped the incubate would
come quickly, for we know that the apache incubator is a good
jumping-off point for our research and collaboration contacts.

So, I wonder whether it can be entered into the voting thread at this
time. Also, If you find that the lack of any of this proposal, I'd
like to hear your advice.

Thanks,
Edward.

--
B. Regards,
Edward J. Yoon,

Re: [DISCUSSION] Hama Proposal

Posted by "Edward J. Yoon" <ed...@udanax.org>.

<bd...@apache.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 1, 2008 at 11:19 AM, Edward J. Yoon <ed...@udanax.org> wrote:
>
> > ... BTW, I wonder whether mentor is badly needed.
> >  Someone please reply to me....
>
> Yes, at least one mentor, and ideally up to three, are needed for a
> project to enter incubation.
>
> IMHO, if no one is interested in mentoring (dunno if it is the case),
> that might be a good sign that your project needs to grow a community
> elsewhere before entering incubation.
>
> -Bertrand

B. Regards,
Edward J. Yoon