Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Uwe Abel <uw...@web.de> on 2004/08/26 23:12:28 UTC

Batik and TextWrap

Hello,
i try to use the SVG Rasterizer utility to convert an example svg from
http://www.xml.com/pub/a/2002/09/11/quint.html witch is using Text Wrapping
<text:wrap
Batik does not show the text in the jpg ist there any possibilty to solve
the problem ?
<text:wrap is using js to break the lines ...

I do not think that it will work, but im new on batik

Thanks

Uwe

Re: Batik and TextWrap

Posted by Thomas DeWeese <Th...@Kodak.com>.
Uwe Abel wrote:

> i try to use the SVG Rasterizer utility to convert an example svg from
> http://www.xml.com/pub/a/2002/09/11/quint.html witch is using Text
> Wrapping <text:wrap
> Batik does not show the text in the jpg ist there any possibilty to
> solve the problem ?

    It is possible, although not trivial.   The first thing you have
to do is turn on script execution when rasterizing (-onload).  Then
you need to fix the bugs in his script, the most notably thing is
that he invents new CSS properties and expects them to cascade as
strings which is not cool.  I got it to work once with some minor
hacking.

> <text:wrap is using js to break the lines ...
>
> I do not think that it will work, but im new on batik

    You might just want to look at the Batik flowText extension
(essentially same syntax as feature of same name in SVG 1.2).
There is a good example in samples/extensions/flowText.svg