Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Justin Mclean <jm...@apache.org> on 2014/02/18 21:47:20 UTC

Re: flex-sdk_mustella - Build # 733 - Failure!

Hi,

>     [java] gumbo/FCK/integration/FCK_Integration_main FCK_integration_skin_up Failed CompareBitmap(body:step 1)  compare returned[object BitmapData]
>     [java] gumbo/FCK/integration/FCK_Integration_main FCK_integration_skin_over Failed CompareBitmap(body:step 4)  compare returned[object BitmapData]
>     [java] gumbo/FCK/integration/FCK_Integration_main FCK_integration_skin_down Failed CompareBitmap(body:step 5)  compare returned[object BitmapData]

Pass here on OSX / FP 11.1.

>     [java] gumbo/components/Border/Properties/Border_Properties Border_Properties_borderStroke_RGS4 Failed CompareBitmap(body:step 2)  compare returned[object BitmapData]

Also passes.

>     [java] gumbo/components/Image/styles/Image_styles_smoothingQuality Image_Scale_stretch_smoothingQuality_high Failed CompareBitmap(body:step 6)  compare returned[object BitmapData]

And does this - although I notice the last test does have broken images in it.

Reran the tests on FP 12.0 and they also all passed - so I'm guessing this is just an aberration/false positive?

Thanks,
Justin

Re: flex-sdk_mustella - Build # 733 - Failure!

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

> As to the failure, experience teaches that if it hasn't occurred in two
> consecutive runs, it didn't officially happen ;-)

It did occur two runs in a row. :-(

Justin

Re: flex-sdk_mustella - Build # 733 - Failure!

Posted by Erik de Bruin <er...@ixsoftware.nl>.
I've just rebooted the VM, one of the jobs got hung up.

As to the failure, experience teaches that if it hasn't occurred in two
consecutive runs, it didn't officially happen ;-)

Patience, grasshopper.

EdB

--
Ix Multimedia Software

Jan Luykenstraat 27
3521 VB Utrecht

T. 06-51952295
I. www.ixsoftware.nl

Re: flex-sdk_mustella - Build # 733 - Failure!

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

> The log says that the failure was with FP 11.7.    Did you try with that
> version on your machine?
I tried 11.1 and 12.0, can try with 11.7.

Justin

Re: flex-sdk_mustella - Build # 733 - Failure!

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
I suggest revisiting that change to see if you can see why the size is a bit different. Horizontal thumb was 18 width instead of expected 15.

Sent via the PANTECH Discover, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone.

Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com> wrote:

Hi,

> I grabbed the bad.png.* files after the last failure run.  I just took a
> look and of the two I looked at (Border and one of the FCK) both are
> showing slightly different scrollbar thumb sizes
Any idea why they might be different here and not in the 1000's of other tests? How different are we talking?

> For the sake of the tests, it might be better if the change made sure the
> thumb size is set to something so we can get consistent results.
So your suggesting that the SDK code should set the scrollbar size?

Thanks,
Justin

Re: flex-sdk_mustella - Build # 733 - Failure!

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
I grabbed the bad.png.* files after the last failure run.  I just took a
look and of the two I looked at (Border and one of the FCK) both are
showing slightly different scrollbar thumb sizes, so I would suspect the
change cf660e8408c0c4d7219889ea66ed6df4bcc12f71

For the sake of the tests, it might be better if the change made sure the
thumb size is set to something so we can get consistent results.

-Alex

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.
I redid my tests, ignore my prior email (my workspace was a bit messed up
last night)

Here are the results on a Windows 7, 64-bit machine:

*Tests: ./mini_run.sh tests/gumbo/components/Border*
*With FP 11.1:*
1 Failure (even after running -failures):
     [java] gumbo/components/Border/Properties/Border_Properties
Border_Properties_borderStroke_RGS4 Failed CompareBitmap(body:step 2)
compare returned[object BitmapData]

*With FP 11.7:*
1 Failure (even after running -failures):
     [java] gumbo/components/Border/Properties/Border_Properties
Border_Properties_borderStroke_RGS4 Failed CompareBitmap(body:step 2)
compare returned[object BitmapData]

*Tests: ./mini_run.sh tests/gumbo/components/Image*
*With FP 11.1:*
All pass

*With FP 11.7:*
1 Failure (even after running -failures):
     [java] gumbo/components/Image/styles/Image_styles_smoothingQuality
Image_Scale_stretch_smoothingQuality_high Failed  CompareBitmap(body:step
6)  compare returned[object BitmapData]

*Tests: ./mini_run.sh tests/gumbo/FCK/integration*
*With FP 11.1:*
3 Failures (even after running -failures)
[...]

The results seem to match what the Mustella VM is reporting as well.  It
does look like a real problem.

Thanks,
Om

Posted by Erik de Bruin <er...@ixsoftware.nl>.

--
Ix Multimedia Software

Jan Luykenstraat 27
3521 VB Utrecht

T. 06-51952295
I. www.ixsoftware.nl

Re: flex-sdk_mustella - Build # 733 - Failure!

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.
Yup Windows.

Posted by Erik de Bruin <er...@ixsoftware.nl>.

--
Ix Multimedia Software

Jan Luykenstraat 27
3521 VB Utrecht

T. 06-51952295
I. www.ixsoftware.nl

Re: flex-sdk_mustella - Build # 733 - Failure!

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.
My tests seem to run fine but with 11.1.
I will download 11.7 and test again in the morning (around 10 hours from
now)

Thanks,
Om

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.
On Feb 18, 2014 11:20 PM, "Justin Mclean" <ju...@classsoftware.com> wrote:

> Bump - anyone help out her?

Will do my best to run it tonight.

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
I'm on the road this week and don't have my Windows computer with me.

-Alex

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Bump - anyone help out her?

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.