Posted to general@hadoop.apache.org by Stack <st...@duboce.net> on 2012/01/24 00:57:00 UTC

ANN: HBase 0.92.0 is available for download

Your HBase crew are pleased to announce the release of HBase 0.92.0.
Download it from your favorite Apache mirror [1].

HBase 0.92.0 includes a wagon-load of new features including coprocessors,
security, a new (self-migrating) file format, distributed log
splitting, etc.  For a
complete list of changes, see release notes [2].

We've put together an upgrade guide [3] that we recommend you study closely
before you move to this release.

Yours,
The HBasistas

P.S. Thanks goes out to all who contributed to this release!

1. http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/hbase/
2. https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12310753&version=12314223
3. http://hbase.apache.org/book.html#upgrade0.92

RE: HBase 0.92.0 is available for download

Posted by "Ramkrishna.S.Vasudevan" <ra...@huawei.com>.
Hi All

Yeeeeeeeahhhhh....Great job to every one who had contributed to the release.
!!!

An applause to the whole of HBASE community for bringing out this release...

Regards
Ram

0.92.0 is released at Chinese new year(Year of the Dragon)!
May this new year bring more success to our Community!

Posted by kim young ill <kh...@googlemail.com>.
great, thanx
however it seems not to be avail. on mvn

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.

Posted by Gaojinchao <ga...@huawei.com>.
Good job! Good luck! :)

Re: ANN: HBase 0.92.0 is available for download

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.
On Mon, Jan 23, 2012 at 4:09 PM, Dave Latham <la...@davelink.net> wrote:
> Woohoo!  Many thanks to everyone who contributed to this big release.  One
> of HBase's biggest strengths is its community.
>
> Stack, the link to the upgrade guide doesn't seem to be working, and I
> don't see any information on the page about upgrading to 0.92.

You weren't supposed to read my mail that fast and even if you did,
you weren't supposed to click on the links till later (smile).

It takes a while for the site to propagate.  Should be up in an hour or so.

And besides, ain't you supposed to be on holiday?  What you reading mail for?

St.Ack

Re: ANN: HBase 0.92.0 is available for download

Posted by Dave Latham <la...@davelink.net>.
Woohoo!  Many thanks to everyone who contributed to this big release.  One
of HBase's biggest strengths is its community.

Stack, the link to the upgrade guide doesn't seem to be working, and I
don't see any information on the page about upgrading to 0.92.

Dave

Posted by Ioan Eugen Stan <st...@gmail.com>.
2012/1/24 Stack <st...@duboce.net>:
> On Tue, Jan 24, 2012 at 3:10 AM, Ioan Eugen Stan <st...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> When is it going to be on Maven Central?
>>

> I am on it.  In next day or so.
> St.Ack

Thanks St.Ack, please also deploy with sources, java docs and testing
classifier. Having to debug and/or understand problems when you don't
have access to sources and java docs is very frustrating. Modern IDE's
+ maven make it so easy and enjoyable and would be a pity not being
able to use that functionality.

Cheers,
--
Ioan Eugen Stan
http://ieugen.blogspot.com/

Re: ANN: HBase 0.92.0 is available for download

Posted by Ioan Eugen STAN <st...@gmail.com>.
Pe 24.01.2012 18:13, Stack a scris:
> On Tue, Jan 24, 2012 at 3:10 AM, Ioan Eugen Stan <st...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> When is it going to be on Maven Central?
>>

> I am on it.  In next day or so.
> St.Ack

Hello St.Ack,

Any progress on deploying to Central?

Re: ANN: HBase 0.92.0 is available for download

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.

Posted by Ioan Eugen Stan <st...@gmail.com>.
Pe 24.01.2012 01:57, Stack a scris:
> Your HBase crew are pleased to announce the release of HBase 0.92.0.
> Download it from your favorite Apache mirror [1].
>
> HBase 0.92.0 includes a wagon-load of new features including coprocessors,
> security, a new (self-migrating) file format, distributed log
> splitting, etc.  For a
> complete list of changes, see release notes [2].
>
> We've put together an upgrade guide [3] that we recommend you study closely
> before you move to this release.
>
> Yours,
> The HBasistas
>
> P.S. Thanks goes out to all who contributed to this release!
>
> 1. http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/hbase/
> 2. https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12310753&version=12314223
> 3. http://hbase.apache.org/book.html#upgrade0.92

Good luck with the new release, it's been long awaited.

Posted by Gaojinchao <ga...@huawei.com>.
Good job! Good luck! :)