Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by tj...@sina.com on 2016/06/01 15:57:21 UTC

回复:Re: Can Solr 5.5 recognize the index result generated by SolrIndexer of old version Nutch ?

Hi, Yago,
Could you tell me the IndexUpgrade tool exactly? It is a tool released in the Solr binary or some command line?
ThanksLiu Peng

Posted by Yago Riveiro <ya...@gmail.com>.
I did the process from 4.0 to 4.10 (I have disk docValues in my index) with a
IndexUpgrader tool.

Indeed, I don't know if from 1.4 to 4.10 this process works ...

But googling a bit I found this  http://stackoverflow.com/questions/25450865
/migrate-solr-1-4-index-files-to-4-7

Is like Erick said, you will need to do this process in several steps before
reach 5.x

\--

/Yago Riveiro

![](https://link.nylas.com/open/m7fkqw0yim04itb62itnp7r9/local-1f481cc8-d5e2)

On Jun 1 2016, at 5:22 pm, Erick Erickson &lt;erickerickson@gmail.com&gt;
wrote:

> https://lucene.apache.org/core/4_1_0/core/org/apache/lucene/index/IndexUpgra
der.html

> I'm not sure how far back this tool will work, i.e. I don't know if
it'll successfully go from 1.4 -&gt; 5.x.
You may have to pull a Solr 3x version to upgrade from 1.4-&gt;3x, then a
4x version to upgrade 3x-&gt;4x
and then finally a 5x version 4x-&gt;5x. If the IndexUpgraderTool even
existed in 3x (that was a
long time ago!).

<http://archive.apache.org/dist/lucene/solr/>

> Best,
Erick

> On Wed, Jun 1, 2016 at 8:57 AM, &lt;tjlp@sina.com&gt; wrote:
&gt; Hi, Yago,
&gt; Could you tell me the IndexUpgrade tool exactly? It is a tool released in
the Solr binary or some command line?
&gt; ThanksLiu Peng
&gt;
&gt; \----- 原始邮件 -----
&gt; 发件人:Yago Riveiro &lt;yago.riveiro@gmail.com&gt;
&gt; 收件人:solr-user &lt;solr-user@lucene.apache.org&gt;, solr-
user@lucene.apache.org, tjlp@sina.com
&gt; 主题:Re: Can Solr 5.5 recognize the index result generated by SolrIndexer
of old version Nutch ?
&gt; 日期:2016年06月01日 17点58分
&gt;
&gt;
&gt;
&gt;
&gt; You need to upgrade your index to version 4.10 using the IndexUpgrade
tool.
&gt;
&gt;
&gt; \--
&gt;
&gt; Yago Riveiro
&gt;
&gt;
&gt; On 1 Jun 2016 10:53 +0100, tjlp@sina.com, wrote:
&gt;
&gt; Hi,
&gt;
&gt; We plan to upgrade the solr server to 5.5.0. And we have a customized
crawler based on Nutch 1.2 and Solr 1.4.1.
&gt;
&gt;
&gt;
&gt; So, the question is: can Solr 5.5 recognize the index result generated by
SolrIndexer of Nutch 1.2?
&gt;
&gt; Thanks
&gt;
&gt;
&gt;
&gt;
&gt;

Re: Re: Can Solr 5.5 recognize the index result generated by SolrIndexer of old version Nutch ?

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
https://lucene.apache.org/core/4_1_0/core/org/apache/lucene/index/IndexUpgrader.html

I'm not sure how far back this tool will work, i.e. I don't know if
it'll successfully go from 1.4 -> 5.x.
You may have to pull a Solr 3x version to upgrade from 1.4->3x, then a
4x version to upgrade 3x->4x
and then finally a 5x version 4x->5x. If the IndexUpgraderTool even