Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Danny Mandel <dm...@tolweb.org> on 2005/01/26 17:32:22 UTC

multiple .applications in one war

Hi all.  I'm wondering if anyone has deployed multiple .application's in
a single war file and if there are any issues/caveats to be aware of
when doing so.

Thanks,
Danny

Re: multiple .applications in one war

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com>.
On Jan 26, 2005, at 11:32 AM, Danny Mandel wrote:

> Hi all.  I'm wondering if anyone has deployed multiple .application's
> in a single war file and if there are any issues/caveats to be aware
> of when doing so.

We did (still do?) this on the Darden projects.  Jamie?

There were a couple of reasons we did this - one was to have a
login.application for J2EE login and protect the other entry point
paths declaratively.  The other was also security related, so that
different "applications" could have a different set of roles.

The only caveats I know of with having multiple .application's in one
WAR is that Global and Visit are specific to an .application.  If you
need to share data across you will have to come up with your own
mechanism to do so.

	Erik