Posted to issues@maven.apache.org by pouneh mortazavi <mi...@gmail.com> on 2010/02/14 20:36:22 UTC

mvn repositories hang when trying to get plexus-archiver

I am trying to use maven 2.2.1 to build tika 0.6, and having problems
when downloading plexus-archiver

mvn hangs on trying to download
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/codehaus/plexus/plexus-archiver/1.0-alpha-7/plexus-archiver-1.0-alpha-7.jar

I tried deleting my ~/.m2 directory, and changed the mirror to another
server, and still getting the same problem.. All the mirrors seem to
hang for me. Any ideas what to do? I even tried downloading the file
by hand into the right dir, but then the tika install fails saying:
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO] Internal error in the plugin manager executing goal
'org.apache.felix:maven-bundle-plugin:2.0.0:bundle': Unable to load
the mojo 'org.apache.felix:maven-bundle-plugin:2.0.0:bundle' in the
plugin 'org.apache.felix:maven-bundle-plugin'. A required class is
missing: org/codehaus/plexus/archiver/UnArchiver
org.codehaus.plexus.archiver.UnArchiver

I should not need a proxy as every other jar downloads fine from repo1.maven.org

thanks for your help