Posted to dev@trafficserver.apache.org by Igor Galić <ig...@apache.org> on 2012/12/04 10:19:24 UTC

[POLL] UTF-8

Hey folks,

I was wondering how many of you use UTF-8 as your default
Character encoding and would like to see Traffic Server
use it by default as well.

I have a tiny patchset which switches from the old default
latin1 to the utf-8 up on my github:

   https://github.com/igalic/trafficserver/tree/utf-8

I'll merge into trunk (not 3.2.x any time soon) if there's
appropriate interest.

So long,

-- i

Re: [POLL] UTF-8

Posted by Eric Ahn <by...@gmail.com>.
+1

--
Eric Ahn
Mobile : +82-10-9536-3338

Re: [POLL] UTF-8

Posted by Igor Galić <i....@brainsware.org>.

> > I was wondering how many of you use UTF-8 as your default
> > Character encoding and would like to see Traffic Server
> > use it by default as well.
> >

> Just to be clear, this is for content generated by ATS itself, right
> ? Such
> as, bodies as part of an error message. If so, +1.

That is correct.

> We clearly should not be changing encoding of proxied content :).

hmmmmnnn... and iconv plugin, anyone ;)

> -- Leif

Igor Galić

Tel: +43 (0) 664 886 22 883
Mail: i.galic@brainsware.org

Re: [POLL] UTF-8

Posted by Igor Galić <i....@brainsware.org>.

> > I was wondering how many of you use UTF-8 as your default
> > Character encoding and would like to see Traffic Server
> > use it by default as well.
> >

> Just to be clear, this is for content generated by ATS itself, right
> ? Such
> as, bodies as part of an error message. If so, +1.

That is correct.

> We clearly should not be changing encoding of proxied content :).

hmmmmnnn... and iconv plugin, anyone ;)

> -- Leif

Igor Galić

Tel: +43 (0) 664 886 22 883
Mail: i.galic@brainsware.org

Re: [POLL] UTF-8

Posted by Eric Ahn <by...@gmail.com>.
+1

--
Eric Ahn
Mobile : +82-10-9536-3338

Re: [POLL] UTF-8

Posted by Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>.

Re: [POLL] UTF-8

Posted by Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>.

Re: [POLL] UTF-8

Posted by Tomasz Kuzemko <to...@kuzemko.net>.
+1

--
Best regards,
Tomasz Kuzemko

Re: [POLL] UTF-8

Posted by Igor Galić <ig...@apache.org>.
Done: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TS-1614
0fcc63b2b420ba7fab34ebc9e010ffbb9f2446fa

-- i

Re: [POLL] UTF-8

Posted by Igor Galić <ig...@apache.org>.

Re: [POLL] UTF-8