Posted to dev@hivemall.apache.org by Makoto Yui <my...@apache.org> on 2016/12/05 06:15:31 UTC

Contribution guideline

I'm considering the following steps for Hivemall contribution procedure:

1). fork ASF mirror https://github.com/apache/incubator-hivemall
2). work on local branch (hotfix/xxx, JIRA-xxx)
     better to create a JIRA issue if the pull requests is not a hotfix
     Pull request need to be linked to a JIRA issue
3). create pull request to the master branch of
https://github.com/apache/incubator-hivemall
4). review on github pull requests
5). merge (-squash) on the master branch and push to ASF git
repository (by committer's role)

I'll update the contribution guide and make it more simple one.

> Kai,
So, do not push branches to ASF repository.
Initial migrated branches are exceptional ones.

Better to keep ASF git repository clean.

Thanks,
Makoto

Re: Contribution guideline

Posted by Kai Sasaki <sa...@treasure-data.com>.
JFYI

I found some branch can be deleted by asf-git bot automatically.
https://github.com/apache/incubator-hivemall/pull/8 <https://github.com/apache/incubator-hivemall/pull/8>

They might be deleted by closing automatically, though I’m not sure the condition.

Kai

Re: Contribution guideline

Posted by Makoto Yui <yu...@gmail.com>.

Re: Contribution guideline

Posted by Takeshi Yamamuro <li...@gmail.com>.
>> Just including a link to a JIRA issue in a github pull request, it's
>> automatically linked.
Aha, I see. I did't know that, great!
ISTM that's enough for us.

// maropu