Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by Joe Witt <jo...@gmail.com> on 2022/03/09 15:42:11 UTC

Re: [discuss] pulling together a NiFi 1.16

Team

We appear to be at a good point to start pulling together the release
candidate for 1.16.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/NIFI/versions/12350741

I'm basically waiting for https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NIFI-9761
to land then will start pulling together the release.

Thanks

Posted by Matt Burgess <ma...@apache.org>.
I'm all for bringing into the next RC, if something goes sideways
during the RC validation we can always take it back out.

-Matt

Posted by Joe Witt <jo...@gmail.com>.
Team

Posted by Joe Witt <jo...@gmail.com>.
Team,

Posted by Joe Witt <jo...@gmail.com>.
Mike

Posted by Mike Thomsen <mi...@gmail.com>.
Joe,

Posted by David Handermann <ex...@apache.org>.
Mark,

To elaborate on Joe's reply, changing the trust store configuration alters
the security profile of NiFi by allowing clients with trusted certificates
to access the system.  Changing the key store and trust store should always
occur in conjunction with changing the authorization configuration.

The Single User Authorizer includes a safety check to prevent configuration
in conjunction with Login Identity Providers other than the Single User
Login Identity Provider.  In the case of certificate authentication,
however, the Login Identity Provider does not apply, since certificate
authentication happens prior to application-level access. Although it might
be possible to add further safety checking in the Single User Authorizer to
also check the username against a particular value, this could introduce
additional coupling between authentication and authorization.  As this is
primarily a configuration problem, and changing the trust store has a
significant impact on the security profile of the system, this particular
scenario does not seem like a significant concern.

Regards,
David Handermann

Posted by Joe Witt <jo...@gmail.com>.
Mark