Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Godmar Back <gb...@cs.utah.edu> on 2002/04/03 22:00:04 UTC

rpm install fails

Hi,

# rpm --install http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-ant/release/v1.4.1/rpms/ant-1.4.1-1.noarch.rpm
error: failed dependencies:
	jaxp_parser is needed by ant-1.4.1-1

I didn't find jaxp_parser*.rpm anywhere.

I'm grateful for any hints.  I'll try the non-rpm binary distribution
in the meantime.

	- Godmar

Re: rpm install fails

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
Disclaimer: I've never used the RPMs and can only guess.

On Wed, 3 Apr 2002, Godmar Back <gb...@cs.utah.edu> wrote:

> # error: failed dependencies: jaxp_parser is needed by ant-1.4.1-1
>
> I didn't find jaxp_parser*.rpm anywhere.

I don't think jaxp_parser*.rpm exists, but that jaxp_parser is a
facility several RPMs could provide.  Look for RPMs of crimson or
xerces (xml.apache.org projects), both should do.

Stefan

Re: rpm install fails

Posted by Guillaume Rousse <ro...@ccr.jussieu.fr>.
Le Mercredi 3 Avril 2002 22:00, Godmar Back a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> # rpm --install
> http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-ant/release/v1.4.1/rpms/ant-1.4.1-
>1.noarch.rpm error: failed dependencies:
> 	jaxp_parser is needed by ant-1.4.1-1
>
> I didn't find jaxp_parser*.rpm anywhere.
>
> I'm grateful for any hints.  I'll try the non-rpm binary distribution
> in the meantime.
There is *no* jaxp_parser package, this is a virtual resource provided by
other packages (xerces-j1, xerces-j2, xml4j3, crimson).
If you don't find them on ASF site, you can get them from jpackage project
(jpackage.sourceforge.net).
--
Guillaume Rousse <ro...@ccr.jussieu.fr>
GPG key http://lis.snv.jussieu.fr/~rousse/gpgkey.html