Posted to users@maven.apache.org by LB...@medquist.com on 2006/02/27 21:15:43 UTC

Maven2: getting the JBoss plugin working.

Hey,

I apologize for the naivete of this question, but I'm very much a Maven
neophyte; I've seen some emails in the mailing list archive that touches on
my problem, but none have been entirely clear, and I suspect that getting
past this problem this one time will help me deal with any subsequent
plugin problems.

According to Apache's own "getting started" guide, "The first time you
execute this (or any other) command, Maven will need to download all the
plugins and related dependencies it needs to fulfill the command."

http://maven.apache.org/guides/getting-started/index.html

However that hasn't been the case either for the Javadoc plugin or -- more
importantly -- for the JBoss plugin.  I was able to get Maven 2 to "see"
the Javadoc plugin with the following XML in my POM:

  <profiles>
    <profile>
      <build>
        <plugins>
          <plugin>
          </plugin>
        </plugins>
      </build>
   </profile>
  </profiles>

If getting M2 to "see" the JBoss plugin requires similar XML, what
precisely is the text I need to include?

Or, do I need to modify the settings.xml file in C:\Program Files\Apache
Software Foundation\maven-2.0\conf ?

Or, as I gather from the mailing list archives, do I actually need to
download the source myself -- despite what the "getting started" guide
says?  Where do I find the files to download?  I gather I would need to
download a POM, run "mvn install" from the top-level directory, and in my
own project somehow establish a dependency on the subsequent JAR; how do I
do that last bit?

Thanks,

Lawrence Beasley
Java Developer
www.medquist.com

This electronic mail transmission contains confidential information
intended only for the person(s) named.
Any use, distribution, copying or disclosure by another person is strictly
prohibited.
If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, promptly delete it
and all attachments.