Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Bui Quoc Thai <st...@ait.ac.th> on 2002/09/08 12:31:12 UTC

Remove portlet entry without restarting Jetspeed?

Hi all,

 I use RegistryFragment to remove portlet-entry in .xreg file at runtime like
this:

    fragment.removeEntry(Registry.PORTLET, "MyPortlet");

 This code has actually removed the "MyPortlet" entry from .xreg file.
However, the portlet still reside in memory, that means the portlet still in
the portal page. If I shutdown jetspeed and restart again, the portlet is
actually disappeared. The problem is I want to remove the portlet entry
from .xreg file and memory at the runtime without restrating jetspeed.

 Are there anyone can fix this problem, please show me know!

Thank you very much.
Thai

--------------------------
Email: st027235@ait.ac.th
       bqthai@ctu.edu.vn
Room: C34
Tel: 524-7099

Re: newsfeeds cache poblem

Posted by Chay Weei Jye <wj...@pd.jaring.my>.
Hi,

I have found a way to get JS to refresh its cache by doing this:
change daemon.diskcachedaemon.interval=3600 to
daemon.diskcachedaemon.interval=10

I am not sure if this is the correct way, but it works for me now. But I
will try out a few more config with the interval rate to find a suitable one.

Bye.

At 08:24 AM 9/10/2002 +0800, you wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I have enabled content feeds for moreover in JR.properties and I am able
>to get news.
>
>However, after a few days (3), when I restart tomcat and log in to
>Jetspeed again, I can still see these old news. I can only get new feeds
>if I delete the cache files in WEB-INF\cache, unload the news portlet,
>then reload it, restarting tomcat.
>
>How can this happen? How do I get the latest news?
>
>Any help is much appreciated. Thanks.
>

>--
>For additional commands, e-mail:
><ma...@jakarta.apache.org>

regards,
Chay Weei Jye

newsfeeds cache poblem

RE: Remove portlet entry without restarting Jetspeed?

Posted by Bui Quoc Thai <st...@ait.ac.th>.
Mark C. Orciuch,

 It works, thank you very much!

Thai

Quoting Mark Orciuch <ma...@ngsltd.com>:

> Thai,
>
> Perhaps you need to work at the registry level rather than at the fragment
> level. Try using Registry.removeEntry(Registry.PORTLET, entryName). This
> should remove it from both places.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Mark C. Orciuch
> Next Generation Solutions, Ltd.
> e-Mail: mark_orciuch@ngsltd.com

--------------------------
Email: st027235@ait.ac.th
       bqthai@ctu.edu.vn
Room: C34
Tel: 524-7099

RE: Remove portlet entry without restarting Jetspeed?

Posted by Mark Orciuch <ma...@ngsltd.com>.
Thai,

last login?

Posted by Chay Weei Jye <wj...@pd.jaring.my>.
Hi,

I have a few questions, hopefully someone can give me some hints.

I notice that last login time for any user is always "1970-01-01
08:00:00.0" although this is not correct. You can see this by logging in as
admin, then "user browser". Has anyone encountered this? Any ideas how to
fix this?

Another JS question:
If I set automatic.logout.save = true -> this will throw an exception
("Horrible") whenever I click on logout. How do I fix this?

Lastly, how do I set/change the default language for JS?

Thanks.