Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by CHARLES BAKER <ch...@clemson.edu> on 2011/11/30 22:32:32 UTC

jdbc testing

I want to do some JDBC testing against an Oracle database. Here is a snippet of a script one of the DBAs gave me. Would each create, commit, insert etc. have to be a separate JDBC request in JMeter? Note the loop, would that have to be done using a Loop Controller? Or is there a simple way to run the script directly as one JDBC request?

	Create user stress identified by sstser
	temporary tablespace temp default tablespace users;
	Grant resource to stress;

	Create sequence stress.stressseq
	increment by 1
	start with 1
	nomaxvalue
	nocycle
	cache 100;

	Create table stress.stress_test
	(object_name varchar2(128),
	 object_id   number,
	 row_counter number)
	pctfree 0 pctused 80 tablespace users;

	Create table stress.stress_counter
	(progress_update    number
	,progress_delete    number
	,object_count       number)
	pctfree 0 pctused 80 tablespace users;

	insert into stress.stress_counter values(0,0,0);
	commit;

	declare obj_count NUMBER;
	begin
	for i in 1..500 loop
	  insert into stress.stress_test
	  select object_name,object_id,stress.stressseq.nextval from dba_objects where object_name like 'DBA%';
	  update stress.stress_test set object_name = 'Stress Test Demo';
	commit;

--
Charles H. Baker, Systems Programmer II CCIT/CSO
Don't see me in my cubicle? Try AIM: rascharles GTalk: chbaker@g.clemson.edu

Fwd: jdbc testing

Posted by CHARLES BAKER <ch...@clemson.edu>.
Is no one doing any JDBC stuff with JMeter? If not, can you suggest a more suitable tool? Is there any better resource on setting up JMeter JDBC tests than http://jmeter.apache.org/usermanual/build-db-test-plan.html with more advanced configuration options?

--
Charles H. Baker, Systems Programmer II CCIT/CSO
Don't see me in my cubicle? Try AIM: rascharles GTalk: chbaker@g.clemson.edu
chbaker@clemson.edu | 864.656.8069 | 864.990.1297
I think the reward for conformity is that everyone likes you except yourself.
Rita Mae Brown

Begin forwarded message: