Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Dipendra Pokhrel <di...@yahoo.com> on 2006/07/03 15:24:51 UTC

ActiveMQ schedular thread is not released in embeded broker

I am using ActiveMQ 4.0.1 as an embeded broker in VM transport mode. The
problem, I am facing is that broker does not release 'ActiveMQ Schedular'
thread when it shutdowns itself on no client connection.
Is there any way to solve this problem? or is it a Bug?

Thanks for the help in advance

Re: ActiveMQ schedular thread is not released in embeded broker

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
You could try explicitly creating the broker yourself first, then you
can explicitly close it down again when you're finished with it. See
the java code example (then you call stop() when you're done with the
broker)

http://incubator.apache.org/activemq/how-do-i-embed-a-broker-inside-a-connection.html

--

James
-------

Re: ActiveMQ schedular thread is not released in embeded broker

Posted by Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com>.
Does the embeded broker have an network connections established?  If so,
this is a known problem where the broker is kept alive due to the network
connections.

On 7/3/06, Dipendra Pokhrel <di...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I am using ActiveMQ 4.0.1 as an embeded broker in VM transport mode. The
> problem, I am facing is that broker does not release 'ActiveMQ Schedular'
> thread when it shutdowns itself on no client connection.
> Is there any way to solve this problem? or is it a Bug?
>
> Thanks for the help in advance

Hiram

Blog: http://hiramchirino.com