Posted to user@mahout.apache.org by Amit Kolhe <am...@techepoch.com> on 2010/07/08 14:36:29 UTC

Getting error while running Synthetic Control Data clustering example

Hi All,

I am getting below error while running Synthetic Control Data clustering
example.

10/07/08 18:16:40 INFO mapred.JobClient: Task Id :
attempt_201007081615_0014_m_000001_0, Status : FAILED

org.apache.mahout.math.CardinalityException: My cardinality is: 0, but the
other is: 60

  at
org.apache.mahout.math.RandomAccessSparseVector.dot(RandomAccessSparseVector
.java:275)

  at
org.apache.mahout.common.distance.SquaredEuclideanDistanceMeasure.distance(S
quaredEuclideanDistanceMeasure.java:57)

  at
org.apache.mahout.common.distance.EuclideanDistanceMeasure.distance(Euclidea
nDistanceMeasure.java:39)

  at
org.apache.mahout.clustering.canopy.CanopyClusterer.addPointToCanopies(Canop
yClusterer.java:108)

  at
org.apache.mahout.clustering.canopy.CanopyMapper.map(CanopyMapper.java:49)

  at
org.apache.mahout.clustering.canopy.CanopyMapper.map(CanopyMapper.java:34)

  at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.MapRunner.run(MapRunner.java:50)

thanks and regards,

amit

Re: Getting error while running Synthetic Control Data clustering example

Posted by Jeff Eastman <jd...@windwardsolutions.com>.
Mahout 0.3 depends on Hadoop 0.20.2 so that could be an issue. It's
always better to try things out on trunk if you have problems as Mahout
is still changing rapidly. It is possible that particular example had a
problem in 0.3 but the examples are all working in trunk now.

Posted by Jeff Eastman <jd...@windwardsolutions.com>.
Hi Amit,