Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Ben Collins-Sussman <su...@collab.net> on 2002/12/11 19:57:26 UTC

Re: svn commit: rev 4091 - trunk/subversion/libsvn_wc

striker@tigris.org writes:

> Author: striker
> Date: 2002-12-11 13:33:15 -0600 (Wed, 11 Dec 2002)
> New Revision: 4091
>
> Modified:
>    trunk/subversion/libsvn_wc/update_editor.c
> Log:
> * subversion/libsvn_wc/update_editor.c

Oh man, sander!

Don't you have a *real* editor in win32?  You know, one which doesn't
switch line endings on you?

Re: svn commit: rev 4091 - trunk/subversion/libsvn_wc

Posted by Karl Fogel <kf...@newton.ch.collab.net>.
Branko Čibej <br...@xbc.nu> writes:
> I vote we add svn:eol-style native on all text files in the repo. If
> we're not certain about the translation working yet, we'll never be. Oh,
> and while we're at it, a svn:eol-style CRLF on all .ds[pw] files
> wouldn't hurt, either.

Go for it.  This is the second time in recent memory we've had a
problem -- let's just Stop This Trend Now :-).

Re: svn commit: rev 4091 - trunk/subversion/libsvn_wc

Posted by Branko Čibej <br...@xbc.nu>.
Sander Striker wrote:

> [...]
"From insanity to genius is but one small step."

> and run
>Emacs next to VS C++ just to do the editing ;).  Personally I quite
>like the VS IDE.  Generally I double check my patches by testing them
>on Linux too.  I didn't this time, so I got bitten by the editor
>silently converting line endings on me.  I've browsed around in Options
>to see if this can be set to LF line endings all the time, but I can't
>seem to locate it.  If someone (Bill? Kevin?) has an idea, please let
>me know.

The VS IDE has no such option.
I vote we add svn:eol-style native on all text files in the repo. If
we're not certain about the translation working yet, we'll never be. Oh,
and while we're at it, a svn:eol-style CRLF on all .ds[pw] files
wouldn't hurt, either.

> >    trunk/subversion/libsvn_wc/update_editor.c
> > Log:
> > * subversion/libsvn_wc/update_editor.c
>
> Oh man, sander!
>
> Don't you have a *real* editor in win32?  You know, one which doesn't
> switch line endings on you?

We can't all be as crazy^H^H^H^H^Herrm, creative, as Branko and run
Emacs next to VS C++ just to do the editing ;).  Personally I quite
like the VS IDE.  Generally I double check my patches by testing them
on Linux too.  I didn't this time, so I got bitten by the editor
silently converting line endings on me.  I've browsed around in Options
to see if this can be set to LF line endings all the time, but I can't
seem to locate it.  If someone (Bill? Kevin?) has an idea, please let
me know.

Thanks,

Sander